Pumpkins are great. They make cute decorations, delicious pies, and what most people throw away turns into a great salty snack! I love roasted pumpkin seeds, and last Saturday I made the best batch I’ve ever had after perusing Pinterest. I combined all of the information I found for this perfect batch, and they were so good that, obviously, I need to share!
1. Clean your pumpkin and separate out the seeds. We recommend using a colander and running water, remember: the seeds float! This can be really helpful.
2. Preheat oven to 450 and rinse the seeds a couple extra times to get out any stray bits of pumpkin.
3. Place the seeds in a pot of water and salt, and bring to a boil. You can be the judge of how much salt you use based on the flavor you’re after. This step allows the salt to get into the seeds, and not just be a topical flavor.
4. Bring the water to a boil and let simmer for ten minutes. Drain well.
5. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray, and spread seeds in an even single layer.
6. Drizzle oil over seeds, making sure it reaches all of them.
7. Sprinkle salt over the seeds, and any other spices you’d like to add.
8. Bake until lightly browned at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (typically 5-25 minutes depending on the size of your seeds).
9. Let cool and enjoy!