Hey friends! A couple months ago I connected with a new blogger via Instagram, a college blogger named Charlotte. This fab chickadee writes over at Letters From Sunshine, and she’s nominated me for the Liebster Award!
- Explain what the Liebster Award is
- Share 11 Facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Give 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
- Nominate more bloggers to join in
*Charlotte did 11 but as I researched the award I found some people did a variety of other numbers. I’m going with 11 because that is what my nominator did but feel free to do more or less!
Let’s get started!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award was made by bloggers, for bloggers. It is comprised of the aforementioned five components, and while when nominated you don’t have to accept the nomination, this award is a unique opportunity to share about yourself and introduce your audience to some awesome new bloggers!
11 Facts About Me
- I’m left handed
- I have an obsession with turquoise
- I’m a total numbers nerd, I love math!
- Most days you’ll find me in my pajamas
- My brother and sister are twins
- I may not live there, but when it comes to professional sports teams my heart is in Pittsburgh!
- I rarely buy anything that’s not on some sort of sale or clearance
- I am obsessed with all things Disney
- I often wonder why I wasn’t born in the 80’s because I love all of the music from that decade, especially the classic rock
- I can recite Mulan (the entire Disney movie) from memory
- I absolutely hate being landlocked, and don’t think I could ever live more than six hours from a coastline
11 Questions from Charlotte
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world for two weeks (without money being an issue), where would you go and what would you do?
I would love to visit the U.K. and meet my many blogger and chronic illness friends! I’ve been once before but it was a very rushed trip and I would really enjoy the opportunity to hang out with my friends, plus I really want to visit Harrods!
2. What is the best book that you have ever read and what did you love so much about it?
The best book I’ve ever read was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. The story was enthralling, I read it in a day – which is huge considering reading books is a great challenge for me. I love how I never knew what was going to happen next, even though I typically can predict a plot a couple chapters in. The characters were artfully developed and engaging. I could write a whole blog post about this book and how phenomenal it is; definitely one to add to your “To Read” list!
3. If you could spend a day with any person in the world (deceased or alive), who would it be and why?
I would spend the day with my grandmother. She passed away suddenly when I was 11 and it was a huge shock. She was a huge part of my life and I still miss her fiercely; I would give anything to spend another day with her.
4. What is your favorite season? (Interpret this however you want: in terms of weather or a television show.)
I love the fall. Summer is a rough time with my POTS due to heat intolerance, and the cooler weather allows me to get outside and enjoy some sun! I love watching how nature transitions, visiting pumpkin patches, drinking apple cider… the only thing I don’t love is my hay fever! I even wrote a blog post about it which you can check out right here.
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show?
I can only pick one?! I think I would have to choose the Christmas episode of Eureka (my favorite show of all time, sorry Gilmore Girls) where they go through all of the different forms of animation throughout the show! It’s really cool and something I’ve never seen done before.
6. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
This is a really, really good question. I honestly could have posted this at least three days sooner had I not needed time to think about this question! I really like the names Saoirse and Ryan; so I guess if I had to change my name I would choose something androgynous or Celtic, not unlike my actual name (which if you don’t know, is Peyton).
7. You find a wallet on the ground containing $1,000. You have two choices: return it to the owner or keep it. Here’s the twist: the owner will never realize it’s missing if you decide to keep it. Which choice would you choose and why?
I would return the money. And I’m not just saying that so that anyone who reads this thinks of me as some upstanding citizen. The guilt of knowing how that $1000 could have helped someone else – regardless of whether or not they were aware that it was gone – would consume me. I could not live with that guilt, so I guess you could say I’d give it back for purely selfish reasons.
8. What is one talent that you would love to have?
I would love the ability to be hyperfocused. I cannot concentrate for the life of me, and the ability to do so would be fantastic. I would be a much more productive person!
9. What is your favorite hashtag?
My favorite hashtag to look through on Instagram is #teenblogger. I love being able to go through and find other teens making a name for themselves or just having fun in the blogging world!
10. If you could only choose to live one place in the world for the rest of your life, where would you choose and why?
I am 100% an east coast girl. I love the seasons and I love the lifestyle of the east coast, but rumor has it the perfect POTS climate is San Diego. For the sake of better opportunities and the ability to LIVE and not be housebound because of the weather, San Diego.
11. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I started Patience & Pajamas for me. For the newly diagnosed Peyton who searched the internet for information about her illness from someone like her, and came up with some sloppily put together blogs from middle aged women with what mainly consisted of rants on their mental health that were along the lines of “woe is me”.. which may be helpful to some but which I found completely irrelevant. I wanted to know how to search for a college as a disabled student who would be greatly dependent on the school’s disability services. I wanted to see how other teens with chronic illnesses were making the most of life! I couldn’t find this, so I decided to create it! My dream is for someone to resonate with what I have to say, learn something, and enjoy their time on my site.
11 Questions for My Nominees
- Where were you when you decided to start your blog?
- What is one thing you wish you could say to every reader who lands on your site?
- If you could instantly become fluent in any language, which language would you choose and why?
- Picture your dream home: is it big or small?
- If you could only access one of the following for the rest of your life, which would you choose: Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?
- Stripes or polka dots?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What are your feelings on the rain? Like? Dislike? Indifference? I wanna know.
- Do you follow professional sports? Which is your favorite?
- What is your favorite dessert?
I nominate . . .
Niamh from Niamh’s Life
Clicking their name will take you to their Instagram, and their blog name will take you to their blog! Charlotte’s Instagram is linked to her name too.
This post was a lot of fun to put together! Thanks again to Charlotte for nominating me for the Liebster Award. She runs an awesome blog for college students, where she talks about everything from scholarship organization to what to do if your roommate never shows up. Click here to go say hello! She’d be more than happy to meet you.